Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Join Me!!


To ALL,

I am excited to share with you the opportunity, I was given to join a team of loving individuals from Calvary Fellowship Church and Hope Community Church who are going to serve in Transnistria/Moldova. I have been praying for a chance to serve God as I serve others and I have no doubt in my mind that this is a perfect way for me to do so. The people in Transnistria/Moldova are in love with the arts and music hmmm so am I, perfect…right? Also since it has been 9 years that I have been working with kids I believe I will feel right at home there well, except for the whole language difference thing.
            Here is what the team will be doing October 7th -17th...We will be blessing the abandoned children ages 6 to 16 in two local orphanages. We hope to build up their spirits as we show God's love through constructional improvements to their living space, painting, Vacation Bible School and fun projects at each orphanage. We want to continue (this is the 7th year that teams have gone to Transnistria/Moldova) to build lasting relationships with Transnistrian orphanages by interacting with the children and staff, supporting the evangelistic efforts of local church workers and providing open doors for Help The Children Ministry.
You ask why an orphanage in Transnistria/Moldova...well these children need love just as any children in an orphanage do, however if they have a positive outlook on life they have a better chance in standing against the crime and sex trafficking that goes on outside the walls of their home. In all that we as a team do we hope to encourage them to trust in a God, who is there even through the hardest times. I am writing to give you an opportunity to participate in this ministry. Please consider praying for our team. Pray for the new friends we will make in Transnistria/Moldova . And pray for me: for health and protection on the trip, for my ability to communicate with non English speaking children and ability to learn new things from this experience. Pray that I will find the financial support to make this trip possible. Pray especially that I will return safely and with amazing new stories to share.
Another way that you can participate is to support me financially. The cost of the trip is $1,900 per person. It is my responsibility to raise $1,300 by May 7th. I am trusting God to move in people’s hearts, leading them to donate toward this mission trip. If you feel that you could participate in this way, please:1. Make a check payable to Calvary Fellowship Church; please do not write my name on your check.
 1. Write “Moldova Missions Trip” on the memo line.
 2. Send your check to me at 235 Hall street Phoenixville, PA 19460 otherwise hand it to me in person.
*If more than 1,900 is raised through generous donations the overflow will be put toward the 15,000 we hope to raise for supplies needed to improve the children's quality of life. (Last year 10,000 was raised and gave the children new windows in their home)
I look forward to sharing more about this trip with everyone and can't wait to see how God uses this whole thing to draw me closer to HIM.....Thank you so much and God Bless,

<>< Suzanne Messmer

2 comments: